James Bond may have a long-standing reputation for being debonair. But Daniel Craig – the actor who plays the dapper secret agent in “Spectre”–isn’t exactly oozing charisma during his press tour to promote the 24th Bond movie.
Not only did the famous Brit tell reporters he “doesn’t care” who plays the secret agent next, despite being contracted for another movie, he even went so far as to declare that he would “rather slash my wrists” than play the sexy spy again.
Perhaps Craig–who will reprise his role on Nov. 6–could stand to learn a thing or two from his charming onscreen alter ego. At the very least, he could act like he cared.
Here, five of Craig’s crankiest offscreen moments.
1) The grumpy actor said Bond may have a way with the ladies but he isn’t all he’s cracked up to be. “He’s very (expletive) lonely,” Craig told Esquire magazine. “There’s a great sadness. He’s (expletive) these beautiful women but they leave and it’s… sad. And, as a man gets older, it’s not a good look.”
2) After reporter Sarah Powell from ITV’s “This Morning” asked him to show her “his little pout” for the camera, Craig proved he is humorless by first refusing to cooperate, then responding, “I think you need to move on.”
3) During a recent interview with Time Out London, Craig was asked if he could ever imagine doing another Bond movie. Despite reportedly being contracted for a fifth film, his answer was a resounding no. “I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists,” said Craig. “I’m over it at the moment. We’re done. All I want to do is move on.” He went on to add, “If I did another Bond movie, it would only be for the money.”
4) Craig recently called his alter ego a misogynist. “Let’s not forget that he’s actually a misogynist,” Craig recently told The Red Bulletin. “A lot of women are drawn to him chiefly because he embodies a certain kind of danger and never sticks around for too long.”
5) Yet another winning moment with Time Out London came when the reporter asked Craig if he cares who plays Bond next. “Look, I don’t give a fuck,” he said.”Good luck to them!”